Monday, September 07, 2015
Show Biz Wiz Quiz!
It's quiz time. Find the answers to these questions by looking at my last 10 blog entries.
1. What jazz vocalist/trumpet player hails from British Columbia, Canada and is receiving rave reviews for her work?
2. Which "Rat Pack" member started performing in Vaudeville theatres in 1929 performing with his father and uncle?
3. Who is the comedy legend that filled in for Johnny Carson 87 times as guest host of the NBC Tonight Show?
4. Between 1946 and 1956, Dean Martin and Jerry Lewis performed regularly at what legendary New York City nightclub?
5. What groundbreaking situation comedy set the record for the highest Nielsen rating (67.3) in 1952-53?
6. Which late night TV host retired in May, after 33 years hosting his own show?
7. Who is the Canadian actor who has starred in the TV shows Family Ties and Spin City?
8. Which multi-talented Hollywood performer wrote 2 books about his life, called "Why Me" and "Yes I Can"?
9. What Harvard-educated actor starred in the films The World According to Garp, Terms of Endearment and Footloose?
10. Canadian entertainers Martin Short and Paul Shaffer met in the 1970s while working on a Toronto production of which musical?
1. Bria Skonberg
2. Sammy Davis Jr.
3. Bob Newhart
4. The Copacabana
5. I Love Lucy
6. David Letterman
7. Michael J. Fox
8. Sammy Davis Jr.
9. John Lithgow
How did you do? Leave a comment below. Also, feel free to let me know about what topics you would like to see covered on this blog.